Re: state of the art WRT encrypted filesystems?

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 01:50 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Robin Laing wrote:
>
> > I am fighting with that now on an FC7 machine.  I need "sparse"
> > installed to get the kernel to rebuild.  Tried to install sparse and
> > it won't.
>
> ??????.  you don't need sparse to simply rebuild a kernel, at least
> the last time i looked.  you only need that if you want to run extra
> heavy-duty checking on the source tree.  and, in any event, it should
> be as simple as "yum install sparse", which worked just fine for me.
>
> what error message did you get when trying that install?

If you used the kernel source RPM, you need sparse.  I can't recall
which command was unhappy, but it was either the "rpmbuild" or the "make
xconfig".  I was a bit shocked when it happened to me.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-       "Yeah, but you're taking the universe out of context."       -