Re: state of the art WRT encrypted filesystems?

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Robin Laing wrote:

> I am fighting with that now on an FC7 machine.  I need "sparse"
> installed to get the kernel to rebuild.  Tried to install sparse and
> it won't.

??????.  you don't need sparse to simply rebuild a kernel, at least
the last time i looked.  you only need that if you want to run extra
heavy-duty checking on the source tree.  and, in any event, it should
be as simple as "yum install sparse", which worked just fine for me.

what error message did you get when trying that install?

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca