Re: Alternative booting

Karl Larsen wrote:

If you'd post some actual error messages instead of yelling that the sky is falling every time something goes wrong, someone else might know what is happening. Are you saying that the exact same install (setup) of grub from an fc6 is now able to boot your fc7 from the same disk location where the fc7 grub install failed or are you now booting a new install of the kernel from a different location? Did the first attempt give you a grub> prompt or fail to boot anything at all?

I'm sorry Les you can't even read it appears. As I said elsewhere earlier I tried to get it working on this F7 by doing this:

# grub> root (hd1,5)
# grub> setup (hd0)

After this I rebooted and could not get back to F7.

I'm still unable to see any error message here.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx