Re: Motherboard info

On 18/08/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 14:17 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >         Maximum Memory Module Size: 128 MB
> >         Maximum Total Memory Size: 512 MB
>
> Which is less than what you've installed (two larger RAM cards than the
> supported individual and maximum totals).

Yes, that's why I was concerned.

> However, it's not unknown for some DMI data to be wrong.  It might be
> worth going through the manual for the board, and seeing what it
> recommends.  Likewise, for any BIOS updates.  Sometimes they fix and
> document such discrepancies.

No BIOS updates, and I cannot google any recommendations for this
setup. Apparently, the motherboard came with the Duron soldered on as
a complete unit with the processor, memory, heatsink, fan, onboard
NIC, sound, video, and USB. Therefore, there are no recommendations
about how to swap components. It was designed as a "plug it in and
forget about it" low-end system.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/