Re: smbfs support broken in FC7?

Gordon Messmer wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Using CIFS, linking mount.cifs to mount.smbfs, downloading several smbmount "replacements" which don't work, and other obvious things found in a few hours of search and swear testing. The error was
 error 112 = host is down
which I guess means "host wants to talk SMB not CIFS" in reality.

No, it means that your machine is trying to connect to the remote host, and is getting an ICMP Destination Host Unknown response from a router.

I'd try using tcpdump to determine what host your F7 system is trying to reach, and then figure out why that's different than what the FC1 system is doing.

I clearly stated in the O.P. that I have done that, and that ping and other protocols work, smbtree can see the machine and read the share names, etc, etc. tcpdup tells me that what's different is the protocol the FC1 and FC7 are offering to the server. No routers involved just a GigE switch which works for other protocols and for other machines.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>