Re: firefox message is it an error or not

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 20:25:30 -0400
Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> n fact, when you logout/shutdown in Windows, if an
> application ignores the windows termination message, windows will refuse to
> shut down until you explicitly/implicitly kill the app.

I submit that this is a bad thing to have happen.  When people log out, they
want to log out and leave, not hang around and watch the machine and make sure
that it actually decides to go back to the login screen after so-many seconds
resetting and reloading.  In a secure environment, that could easily
lead to an unlocked, logged-in terminal being left running after someone thinks
that he logged out but apparently didn't.