Re: firefox message is it an error or not

Matthew Flaschen writes:

Scott wrote:
I am teaching my father some things about Linux when he brought up
Firefox it said Firefox restore previous session at the top of
Firefox.  In the Button Box there are two buttons you can pres Start
New Session or Restore Session.  I aam assuming this not normal and
Dad said he closed down Firefox.

Usually this message should only appear when Firefox was closed
abruptly.  It is safe to click Restore Session.

This message appears every time you log off or shutdown the machine, if you don't formally close the firefox window, beforehand. Firefox bombs out if X shuts down, so it thinks it needs to recover the last session.

Someone probably already filed this, in Bugzilla.