Re: one more time -- broadcom wireless on f7

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 07:04:10AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   so, is there, somewhere, a set of instructions that actually
> represents a solution, and which doesn't contain the phrase "and if
> that doesn't work, try ..." somewhere in the middle?

For the BCM4318?  No.  Some 4318-based cards work w/ one driver,
some with another, and some with neither.  Complain to Broadcom,
or send some money to support the reverse engineering effort.

	http://bcm-v4.sipsolutions.net/

Sorry, but it is as simple as that.  Perhaps we just shouldn't ship
any driver at all until we have one that works for _you_?

>   seriously, if wireless is really this much of a hassle, fedora is in
> for a rough ride.

Blahbity blahbity blah...thanks for your non-statement.  We're doing
the best we can with what we've got -- your pessimism is unwelcome.

John
--
John W. Linville
linville@xxxxxxxxxx