Re: No GUI--only console and xclock.

Les Mikesell wrote:
I installed F7 in graphical mode...I used the command yum
groupinstall "KDE Software Development".

I would assume that the development packages would pull in the desktop environment packages also. I have not tried to only install development package without selecting the DE selection though.

There would be no requirement to run the kde desktop to develop code for it.

That is great that it is not dependent upon having the desktop actually installed. I was not sure since some devel packages require the package the package-devel supports.

Jim

--
Fortune finishes the great quotations, #15

	"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses."
	And while you're at it, throw in a couple of those Dallas
	Cowboy cheerleaders.