Re: No GUI--only console and xclock.

Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
Was this a text install or Graphics mode install? The reason I ask is
because the text install which I did recently seemed to be out of sync
with the actual packages selected.
Regardless, at your present state of installation, maybe running
yum groupinstall " KDE (K Desktop Environment)"
might get KDE installed onto your system. KDE does not seem to be
installed from what I get from your postings.

Jim

I installed F7 in graphical mode...I used the command yum
groupinstall "KDE Software Development".

I would assume that the development packages would pull in the desktop environment packages also. I have not tried to only install development package without selecting the DE selection though.

Since you were using the graphical installer, the text installer was not cuing package selections out of sync, like I suspected.

Jim

--
The right half of the brain controls the left half of the body.  This
means that only left handed people are in their right mind.