Re: No GUI--only console and xclock.

Jim Cornette wrote:
Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
Was this a text install or Graphics mode install? The reason I ask is
because the text install which I did recently seemed to be out of sync
with the actual packages selected.
Regardless, at your present state of installation, maybe running
yum groupinstall " KDE (K Desktop Environment)"
might get KDE installed onto your system. KDE does not seem to be
installed from what I get from your postings.

Jim

I installed F7 in graphical mode...I used the command yum
groupinstall "KDE Software Development".

I would assume that the development packages would pull in the desktop environment packages also. I have not tried to only install development package without selecting the DE selection though.

There would be no requirement to run the kde desktop to develop code for it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx