Re: problem with virtual hosts yet

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 13:25 -0500, Scott wrote:
> I am a little further along now with my problem.  I added an entry to
> my hosts which allowed me to check the page on the server serving up
> the content for Pilotalk.  But now I am confused because it does not
> check out with w3c.org.  I went there and here is what I hav: Sorry!
> This document can not be checked.
> list of 1 items
> Warning
> I got the following unexpected response when trying to retrieve
> <http://www.pilotalk.com/>:
> block quote
> 500 Server closed connection without sending any data back   block
> quote end

A 500 error is a server error.  In this case, that was an error at the
validator (it not handling "not getting a page from you").  I don't see
a page if I try to browse to your domain, your site isn't serving to the
public, at the moment.

Have you got the right IP being applied, yet?  I'm getting 75.104.20.115
at the moment.

[tim@gonzales ~]$ dig +short pilotalk.com
75.104.20.115
[tim@gonzales ~]$ dig +short www.pilotalk.com
pilotalk.com.
75.104.20.115

If the IP is correct, we're back at where you started weeks ago:
Firewall issues, port 80 being blocked by your ISP, for instance.  Did
you resolve that issue, and how?

Keep your internal LAN address in your hosts file, that's not the
problem.  That just allows you to check things inside your LAN.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.