Re: Producing pdf files with copyable text

**** sorry for Top Posting ****
using Yahoo Mail Beta, it will take me a long time to format the document adding "> " at each place of original message.  Will trim this though.  Thanks for your consideration.

Paul,

I can now see where you are coming from.  I was able to print from Firefox using the cups pdf printer, which I did not pay attention to the details, I always printed to ps then used ps2pdf.  IT (Cups-PDF) prints bitmapped, and not text with the original fonts, I printed the same page I sent ago, the attached pdf with the cups printer and the result is the same (no copyable text).  Opening the document with evince, I get

[olivares@localhost Documents]$ evince cups-printer.pdf &
[1] 5403
[olivares@localhost Documents]$ Error: May not be a PDF file (continuing anyway)
Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Error: Couldn't read xref table
Error: May not be a PDF file (continuing anyway)
Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Error: Couldn't read xref table

It opens it up, but does not permit the copying of the text.  Kghostview opens it up as well, but cannot copy anything.
trying to use ghostscript's pswrite option to make postscript file to use ps2ascii and copy the text does not help either, since gs bails out:

[olivares@localhost Documents]$ gs -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sPAPERSIZE=letter -sDEVICE=pswrite -sOutPutFile=cups-printer-2.ps cups-printer.pdf
ESP Ghostscript 815.03 (2006-08-25)
Copyright (C) 2004 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
ESP Ghostscript 815.03: **** Could not open the file  .
**** Unable to open the initial device, quitting.

Will try to find a way to print to pdf with copyable text other than the methods suggested before.

Regards,

Antonio