Re: udev

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Erich Zigler wrote:
>> On Thu, August 9, 2007 4:42 pm, Karl Larsen wrote:
>>

>>>     It is getting important too. I am trying to yum 1.4.0.99-fc5.i586
>>> and it just quits with nothing to do. Actually I used exactly:
>>> [root@k5di ~]# yum install skype-1.4.0.99-fc5.i586
>>> Setting up Install Process
>>> Parsing package install arguments
>>> Nothing to do
>>> [root@k5di ~]#
>>> This means I think It can't find the package. Wonder why?
>>>

>> That RPM is not in any of the yum repositories you have configured. You
>> will need to find that RPM online and download it. Once it is downloaded
>> run:
>>
>> rpm -ivh skype-1.4.0.99-fc5.i586.rpm
>>
>> - Erich
>>

>    Well I have been doing that with the rpm files from the skype web
> page. But this one is supposed to work with this udev and kernel. Where
> can I find it?

Skype now provides a yum repository.  Stick this in a file (e.g.
skype.repo) in your /etc/yum.repos.d directory:

[skype]
name=Skype Repository
baseurl=http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/fedora/updates/i586/
gpgkey=http://www.skype.com/products/skype/linux/rpm-public-key.asc

Then you can just use yum install skype.

--
Sjoerd Mullender