Re: udev

Erich Zigler wrote:
On Thu, August 9, 2007 4:42 pm, Karl Larsen wrote:

    It is getting important too. I am trying to yum 1.4.0.99-fc5.i586
and it just quits with nothing to do. Actually I used exactly:
[root@k5di ~]# yum install skype-1.4.0.99-fc5.i586
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do
[root@k5di ~]#
This means I think It can't find the package. Wonder why?

That RPM is not in any of the yum repositories you have configured. You
will need to find that RPM online and download it. Once it is downloaded
run:

rpm -ivh skype-1.4.0.99-fc5.i586.rpm

- Erich

Well I have been doing that with the rpm files from the skype web page. But this one is supposed to work with this udev and kernel. Where can I find it?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User