Re: Cups works - What about UDEV? (Both USB and LPT printer problems)

Jim Cornette wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

We know this problem is not CUPS fault. It is obvious the deflection was caused by udev elimination of exceptions. The exceptions were reintroduced so now parallel printers work again.

I see mention that USB auto mounting is being discussed. Out of my own curiosity, did the USB flash problem also get fixed?

Just trying to decipher the conversation which maintains the same subject title for a problem caused by udev.

Jim

Hi Jim, the new udev with the latest kernel will pick up flash cards, and USB memory devices and my 10 GB hard drive that plugs into the USB port. In few words it all works as of today. Yesterday it was grim :-(

Thanks Karl for the information. I was wondering if the cause of all the problems was centralized or from different causes.

Jim

It was the new update udev that solved all the problems with the new kernels. I know your working with f8 and when you get the new udev your systems should all work.

It was the problem that udev and the kernel are so close that the kernel got ahead of udev :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User