Re: Thunderbird

Konstantin Svist wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
Konstantin Svist wrote:
best place to get Thunderbird help is at http://forums.mozillazine.org/

that said,

* to enable/disable emoticons: Edit -> Preferences -> Display -> Formatting -> Plain Text Messages -> Display emoticons as graphics

* to see threads select View -> Sort By -> Threaded

HTH

Karl Larsen wrote:
I tried to get Help on this email client and it is hopeless! I somehow lost the little thing where I can choose an emotion. I also wanted to find out how to set up a thread and follow that. The Help which is a web page is lousy!

    If anyone can help I sure need it.

Thanks the thread part worked fine but the emotion does not. I already have it set as you suggest but still no emotions. Vert irritating. But now I sure have threads!

Do you mean the smiley images in the email you're reading or the smiley selector when composing an email? If former, the email message must be formatted as text - not HTML. This should be a smiley :)

If the latter, when composing a message, go to View -> Toolbars -> Formatting Toolbar

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User