Re: I'm ready to give up Linux!!

Around 08:50am on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 (UK time), MoonShine scrawled:

> 1. Ok I am able to download whatever it is im trying to download but
> the damn thing wont open up! For example for test i downloaded a game
> that was a .exe type but it wasnt supported so most of the things I
> try to download are file types that arn't supported...where the
> update for that!SHEESH!

A .exe will (almost certainly) be a MS Windows executable file that
won't run under GNU/Linux (unless you use an emulator such as wine).

> 2. The disc was purchased via ebay and the brand of the disc is shown
> on the DVD it just says Bootable DVD folling with fedora 7 printed on
> top.

The sugestion was that your hardware that you are trying to read the DVD
with is not a DVD reader, bu only a CD reader.  What model is it, or at
least what (exactly) does it say on the front of it.

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 08:56:39 up 1 day, 21:20,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.03, 0.00