Re: I'm ready to give up Linux!!

Quote:
Steve Searle wrote:
Around 08:50am on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 (UK time), MoonShine
scrawled:

Quote:1. Ok I am able to download whatever it is im trying to
download but
the damn thing wont open up! For example for test i downloaded a game
that was a .exe type but it wasnt supported so most of the things I
try to download are file types that arn't supported...where the
update for that!SHEESH!

A .exe will (almost certainly) be a MS Windows executable file that
won't run under GNU/Linux (unless you use an emulator such as wine).

Quote:2. The disc was purchased via ebay and the brand of the disc is
shown
on the DVD it just says Bootable DVD folling with fedora 7 printed on
top.

The sugestion was that your hardware that you are trying to read the
DVD
with is not a DVD reader, bu only a CD reader.  What model is it, or
at
least what (exactly) does it say on the front of it.

Steve

--

Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html [1]

08:56:39 up 1 day, 21:20,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.03, 0.00

 HOW DO I GET THAT DAMN EMULATER! Oh and im sorry it does NOT say
what brand it is on the front of the disc only it says is bootable
dvd on the left side of the disc then says fedora 7 at the top then
gives instruction at the botton of the disc that says : 'The DVD is
bootable.Just insert the DVD in the DVDROM drive and restart the PC
and installation should begin.Make sure your computer BIOS/CMOS is
set to boot from DVDROM'.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html