Re: I'm ready to give up Linux!!

Quote:
karl larsen wrote:
There are several things about your problem that simply are not true.
There is no reason in the world why you can't download anything you
want
with FC6. I ran FC6 and d/l the F7 DVD .iso file. Took 24 hours
about.
So explain if you can what happens if you try to download anything.

Next your F7 DVD. You said you ordered it from someplace. Tell us
what
place you got it from. Next tell us who made your DVD hardware. My
new
one is RW-DVD China.

If you are un-willing to do these two things I suggest you go back to
Windows.

1. Ok I am able to download whatever it is im trying to download but
the damn thing wont open up! For example for test i downloaded a game
that was a .exe type but it wasnt supported so most of the things I
try to download are file types that arn't supported...where the
update for that!SHEESH!

2. The disc was purchased via ebay and the brand of the disc is shown
on the DVD it just says Bootable DVD folling with fedora 7 printed on
top.
--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User