groups and gnome-terminal

Hi all,

I added my user to a new group from a gnome-terminal. But the groups
command didn't show me in the new group. However, after Ctrl-Alt-F2,
in pure console mode, groups shows me in the proper group. The "users
and groups" applications from Gnome updates the groups information
properly.

Why this behaviour? Is this normal?

Thanks in advance

PS: Closing the gnome-terminal and starting it again didn't work.