Re: is there a way to get CD isos of Fedora 7?

On 2007/08/02 09:55 (GMT-0700) Darlene Wallach apparently typed:

> I have a workaround to install Fedora 7 if I can get the
> isos on CDs. I can only find DVD iso for Fedora 7.

> I would think I'm not the only person who uses Fedora
> who does not have a DVD reader/burner.

If you're only installing to one or a few systems, and it or they already
have some OS installed that has Grub on it, and you have a broadband
connection, you need neither DVD nor CD. Fetch vmlinuz and initrd.img from
the F7 isolinux directory appropriate to your hardware from your favorite
mirror, put them where Grub can find them, and install from the internet. On
a virgin system (no OS installed), find the 7904kb boot.iso image on mirror
and burn and boot that to install from the internet.
--
"   It is impossible to rightly govern the world without
God and the Bible."                    George Washington

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409