Re: Gmfsk now works!

Erik P. Olsen wrote:

Karl Larsen wrote:
Chris Jones wrote:
I need to figure out why oass is making it work. Here is part of man aoss:

Probably just means gmfsk development is behind the times, and needs some work to update to the ALSA system, instead of the obsolete OSS sounds system.

How active is gmfsk development ? You should perhaps poke those incharge to find out what their plans are. Eventually I presume OSS will go completely (?, since I'm not sure here) so the aoss trick will no longer work.

Chris

I have seen no work on it for about 10 years. The Author is Finnish and I think we had to go to work.

I don't know which release you use but the latest (pre)release is 0.7 from 20 Jan 2005. So someone has worked on it not long ago.

I am using 0.7 and it seems longer than that. Tomi wrote the software and I have his email address and I wrote him an hour ago. Will see what he says, if the address is right.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User