Re: is there a way to get CD isos of Fedora 7?

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 15:36 -0700, Darlene Wallach wrote:

Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 09:55 -0700, Darlene Wallach wrote:

I have a workaround to install Fedora 7 if I can get the
isos on CDs. I can only find DVD iso for Fedora 7.

You can install f7 from the Fedora 7 Live CD.

Since my BIOS only allows me to boot from an IDE CD-ROM
and I have a SCSI CD-ROM, I cannot boot a Fedora 7
live CD, I cannot boot from any CD.

If you can't boot from your CD, how would any f7 CDs help you?

[snip]
When I had the same issue of not being able to boot
from CD-ROM, Conor Daly sent me instructions on
copying the initrd.img and vmlinuz to /boot.
I copied and renamed initrd.img and vmlinuz to /boot
and modified grub.conf to see them:
title Fedora 7 install
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-f7-install ro root=/dev/hda3 askmethod
        initrd /initrd-f7-install.img

I will boot my system and select the Fedora 7 install I
just added to grub.conf.
The "askmethod" allows me to choose where the install
is located - I have the dvd iso on an external hard drive.
I also have, thanks to a very generous person, 5 cds of
Fedora 7. So if I can't get the dvd iso to work, I'll
use the 5 cds. I used this method using cds when I
installed FC 3.

Darlene Wallach