Re: why is my wireless totally borked in f7?

> but those instructions are also maddeningly ambiguous since they tell
> me to figure out which firmware file to download based on what i read
> in a README file, which really doesn't nail it down, so i'm guessing i
> want the bcmwl5.sys file but there are dozens of versions listed under
> that title in that README file.  *man*, i hate crappy documentation.

To be fair, things are this crazy with per-chipset firmwire cutters and
whatnot because Broadcomm and others won't allow redistribution of their
firmware (even though you need to buy their chip to make any use of
it!).  Maybe this bit of history about Broadcomm will put it into
perspective

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/article2783216.ece

Intel for example don't suffer from that madness with regards to their
firmware and the ipw2200 and 3945 firmwares at least are stock Fedora
packages.

-Andy