Re: what is rc.local shutdown partner

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 12:57:33 pm Adalbert Prokop wrote:

> The file /etc/init.d/halt calls /sbin/halt.local if it exists. But it does
> so rather late in the shutdown process - maybe too late for your needs...

 * Thank you very much - this may be just what I need *

   For my needs this will be perfect - I have encrypted /home but I did not
have luck getting encrypted / like my ubuntu friends - so I need to
cryptographically clean /tmp and /var/tmp on shutdown on my laptop for
security purposes. I plan to use a script which uses shred and tmpwatch to
clear them out.

  Thank you ... I will try this.