Re: F7: What or who is changing my PCM volume?

Vivek,

Thanks again for the comments and corrections that you have supplied.  I will correct rc.local from

[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/rc.local
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local

# martian configuration
/sbin/modprobe martian_dev
/sbin/alsactl restore

[root@localhost ~]#

[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/rc.local
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will be executed *after* all the other init scripts.
# You can put your own initialization stuff in here if you don't
# want to do the full Sys V style init stuff.

touch /var/lock/subsys/local

# martian configuration
/sbin/modprobe martian_dev
/sbin/salsa -l

[root@localhost ~]#

[olivares@localhost ~]$ salsa --help
bash: salsa: command not found
[olivares@localhost ~]$ su -
Password:
[root@localhost ~]# salsa --help
ALSA volume settings handler, Copyright 2007 Red Hat, Inc.
This software may be freely redistributed under
the terms of the GNU public license.

Usage: salsa [options] [card number]

    -l      - Load volume settings
    -s      - Save volume settings

 Card number:
    ##      - An affected card. If it isn't specified,
              configure all installed sound cards.

The old alsactl still works but may become deprecated.

[root@localhost ~]# alsactl --help
Usage: alsactl <options> command

Available options:
  -h,--help       this help
  -f,--file #     configuration file (default /etc/asound.state or /etc/asound.names)
  -F,--force      try to restore the matching controls as much as possible
  -d,--debug      debug mode
  -v,--version    print version of this program

Available commands:
  store <card #>  save current driver setup for one or each soundcards
                  to configuration file
  restore<card #> load current driver setup for one or each soundcards
                  from configuration file
[root@localhost ~]#

Regards,

Antonio