Xen and NVidia

I'm trying to get Xen and the NVidia binary driver to work properly.  3d
accel seems very slow.  At the moment I'm using the driver package from
FreshRPMS (nvidia-x11-drv-97xx-1.0.9762-4.fc7), and it compiles fine,
loads X fine; but when I have Compiz enabled, rendering is *very* slow.
The only reason why I'm using 97xx is that the newest driver does not
seem to play well with Compiz, it crashes the entire system (thanks
NVidia for inserting a display driver directly into the kernel ;) when I
attempt to logout or stop Compiz.  Do I need to use the 'nosegneg'
work-around for glibc?  Or if newest NVidia driver will work, how do I
get around the logout/stop Compiz crash?

Any suggestions would be welcome (other than "don't do that..." without
proper explanation to back it up).

Thanks,
Tim