Re: Back Again

Tim wrote:

The annoying parts for me are that after finding the things I want,
yum repeats the metadata download for every install step and goes out
of its way to avoid allowing the site proxy cache from supplying it or
the rpms.

It used to do that for me, but hasn't for a while.

I run many more copies of Centos than fedora - and there a bad design lives for 7 years.

It reparses what
it's got, which isn't too quick, but doesn't refetch the data.  Perhaps
you want to play with caching tweaks in the yum.conf?

I'm not so concerned about caching on a single machine - I want a set of machines at the same location to always use the same url by default so a caching proxy server makes all but the first nearly instant. Centos 3.x got this right, subsequent versions don't.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx