Back Again

I am back from running Umbutu which failed to live up to it's press releases. It does have all my wanted applications and apt-get install works faster than yum install. I guess there storage computer is closer.

The major problem is X Windows. I tried several ways to focus the screen but nothing worked. And it was too bright. Also I was able to get the VLC media player but no way to get the codex lib so it worked. Also it takes over the computer.

So back to F7 and while some things do not work perhaps in a while they will. At least the screen looks real nice.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User