Re: Back Again

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

You do /not/ need that much info in the first step.

My first step is usually a 'yum search'.

All you need is a just a list of names of packages available on the remote repository. You reconcile that against the list of packages you already have downloaded the metadata for, and you then know what's new.

The annoying parts for me are that after finding the things I want, yum repeats the metadata download for every install step and goes out of its way to avoid allowing the site proxy cache from supplying it or the rpms.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx