Re: Fedora 7 Live CD hibernation consecuences

On Mon July 30 2007 21:04:44 Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
> OK, it didn't work... but the point is that after a safe power off (no
> errors or warnings) I couldn't boot into my FC 6!!! No GRUB menu...
> nothing. After some minutes of panic, I reset my BIOS to it's default
> values and I could boot. Everything seems to be fine.

Hmm the bios was probably still looking at the cd drive for a boot sector?
and when you reset it, it went back to looking at the hard disc. Thats one
possible scenario. The livecd will not change any host system settings unless
you install it. this dont sound like a bug to me study your bios boot
settings and their boot order.

> Is this the first time this happens? Is this a bug? Should I open a
> bug in bugzilla?
>
> Cheers
>
> PS: No, I'm _not_ going to try to reproduce this :)

...dex