Re: Suspend problems since 2.6.22 kernel update

Klaasjan Brand wrote:
Hi,

I just found out resuming from suspend on my laptop (an Acer TM8000) broke since the 2.6.22 kernel update. There's just a black screen on resume, and the system seems hard locked (no disk activity etc). Any suggestions on how to track this problem are welcome. The laptop unfortunately doesn't have a serial port, so it could be a problem to extract a crash dump...

Start with suspend or hibernate... suspend to disk works fine (at least in FC6), suspend to memory works but resume doesn't. Resume to memory is a crap shoot in general. If you were suspending to disk, it's often an acpi issue.