Re: Suspend problems since 2.6.22 kernel update

On 7/24/07, Hansen <mht@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 10:00 +0200, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found out resuming from suspend on my laptop (an Acer TM8000)
> broke since the 2.6.22 kernel update. There's just a black screen on
> resume, and the system seems hard locked (no disk activity etc).
> Any suggestions on how to track this problem are welcome. The laptop
> unfortunately doesn't have a serial port, so it could be a problem to
> extract a crash dump...
>
> thanks,
> Klaasjan
Hm, this is opposite with my laptop (Presario V3320), with 2.6.22 resume
working when with old kernel does not. To track maybe this site give an
information: http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/

I already figured out the laptop needs the s3-bios quirk to reset the videocard (patch submitted btw), but with kernels before 2.6.22 the system at least came out of suspend (minus the video). It's now crashing (no blinking caps-lock, so I guess no kernel panic, no keyboard, disk activity, only the CPU fan starts and the DVD drive makes the noise it normally makes on boot), and leaves me with a black screen and no idea how to fix it :|

Klaasjan