Re: updated kernel panics with dhcp

> I still can't get the /whole/ thing, but there's a lot more here:
>
> http://www.martnet.com/~jes/temp/panic-070723-full.jpg (1.6M)
>
> Turns out there are two full stack traces there, and this little ditty
> in the middle:
>
> list_add corruption. prev->next should be next (c1a0cb14), but was
> 00100100. (prev=f7618180).

It seems there is at least one more chunk-blowing before this one, it
might not have much to do with the actual problem yet.

This article:

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid39_gci1118136,00.html

describes how to set up a serial console connection to another machine
so you can catch the full panic if you're interested.  You need a
physical serial port on the crashing box, and to make a 9-pin D to 9-pin
D cable.

They suggest using minicom on the second box but for such purposes I use
commi, which I packaged here: it installs and works fine on F7.

http://rpm.warmcat.com/fc4/rpm/commi-0.3.1-30.i386.rpm

I guess it might be too much effort, but if you are interested it's
pretty cool to get going and a nice tool in the armory.

-Andy