Re: updated kernel panics with dhcp

> Andy Green wrote:
>> What can be useful if you can't face writing it all down is a digital
>> camera shot ;-)
>
> http://www.martnet.com/~jes/temp/panic_070723.png
>
> It scrolls off the top, and this looks to me like the shallow end of the
> stack. Is there something I need to do to get the rest?

Yep you can give a vga=792 or some other magic number your video adapter
likes to get 80x50.

But unfortunately the initscripts force your font to 8x16 undoing the
good work, and your panic happen during the initscripts.

Looking at the call stack it seems that it blows chunks doing

ifconfig eth0 up

or equivalent during ifup eth0 I guess.  What I would do is boot
somehow, perhaps in rescue mode, and edit

/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0

setting

ONBOOT=no

and then reboot.  That will allow you to complete the boot without eth0
being up (as far as we can guess anyway).

Then switch to VT1 with Ctrl-Alt-F1, login as root, and do

setfont alt-8x8

to enter super squish-o-vision mode, and finally provoke the panic
(theoretically) with

ifup eth0

and you should see the whole deal.

-Andy