Re: Mystery of chroot

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:26:09 -0700
David Boles <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have never tried Solaris or Sparc. Are they considered what I described
> as 'a true Unix'? I was not even aware that they would run in x86 type
> equipment.

Solaris is UNIX, and make no mistake about it.

You can download it here:  http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/get.jsp

All of the BSD's are also UNIX, and here is a starting point for the major BSD
flavours:  http://www.bsd.org/

Here is a bunch of UNIX source code to play with:
http://minnie.tuhs.org/UnixTree/

If you want real UNIX, it's not hard to find.