Re: Mystery of chroot

David Boles wrote:
> on 7/22/2007 9:40 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> David Boles wrote:
>>
>>> Really? I have said that I am not a techie only a user of a tool.
>>>
>>> Can you name me one personnel computer that would run then, or will today,
>>> a true Unix OS?
>> Sorry, I have to ask.  What is "true Unix OS"?  Does Solaris qualify?
>

> I am not sure Ed. What I had in my mind was the OS that runs on those
> really large cabinets in those really cold rooms. I have worked on those.
> The rooms and the A\C not the computers.

Well, if you're not sure of what your definition is of "a true Unix OS" then
a challenge or question as to if a PC will run them kind of loses its meaning.

I venture to say that most folks would classify Solaris as a "true Unix OS"
and yes, they mostly ran on Sparc CPU server systems in rooms with false
floors and big A/C's.  And yes, in the early days, the workstation varieties
used Sparc CPU's and not your typical Intel or AMD processor.

But, today Solaris runs just fine on Intel.  So, I would submit that as an
answer to your question.