Re: Smart packages

Around 08:52pm on Sunday, July 22, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:

> 	Not true. I understand what he was suggesting. Now lets run through
> this thought a bit. Lets say your wife just got interested in Linux.
> Would you tell her to d/l the boot disk and then without help select the
> things she wants in her desktop?  That is stupid and will not work.
>
> 	What she and all the other windows users want is to d/l one CD and
> 	load a working system. This is all you can expect from a normal windows
> user.

There are lots of different distros - and the important word is
different, as that is what gives us choices.  It would be worse if we
worked towards making all those distros the same (as well as being a
waste of time).

Fedora is probably not the correct choice for a user who wants it "just
to work", for that something like Ubuntu is the better choice.  Fedora
is for those who are able and prepared to do some work understanding it
and configuring it to work as they want.

And since you are prepared to patronise peoples wives as typical of an
unskilled user who is unable to use Fedora, I feel able to say I think
it is your tendency to not properly understand things that makes you so
often make statements on this list that are just plain wrong.  Perhaps
Ubuntu would be a better choice for you - if it is there is nothing
wrong with that.

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 20:57:20 up 8 days, 20:45,  1 user,  load average: 0.13, 0.20, 0.16