Re: yum downloadonly

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Todd Zullinger wrote:

Check out repomanage from yum-utils.  You could use it something like
this to move old packages to an archive dir (or remove them):

repo=/path/to/cache
archive=/path/to/archive
repomanage --old $repo | while read package; do
    mv "$package" $archive
done

I didn't quite understand this.
If you wanted to remove the old packages
couldn't you just say "yum clean cache"
You could if you wanted to get rid of them. I wanted to preserve them so that if I install another copy of Fedora on a new machine or in a virtual environment, I can just point to a local copy of the current updates and have all the packages already available. No need to download anything (or at least any package that has already been updated; some programs may be unique to the machine and still need to download an update).