Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 41, Issue 195

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 16:35 +0000, tony.chamberlain@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am trying to start up a java thing someone wrote.  If I place it in customer's .bash_profile,
> I think it starts to early before the xinit stuff is done, so it is much too big for the screen.
> I tried using gnome session but I just can't figure it out exactly.  I can't figure out which
> session file is being used, and at times when I do, and try to modify it, I never get my
> expected results.  Sometimes it comes up, but the Centos screen locks in front of it.
>
> Anyone know the best way to have an X application start up automatically after
> everything is registered, etc., so it is the right size?

Considering prior (auto login) information in the thread, you might want
to turn off the screensaver, or turn off the automatic password lockout
in it.

You might want to make a script for starting your application.  Iron out
any bugs in it so that you can start your application on demand by using
that script.  Then call on that script to automatically start your
application after login.  If a delay is all you need to make it run
properly, you can put a delay into your script.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.