Re: [FC] Bandwidth Management Guidance

On 7/16/07, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 00:12:43 -0600,
  Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:03:43 +0800
> Deepak Shrestha < d88pak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I am not sure
> > of what I am looking for exactly.
>
> I think you want trickle.
>
> http://monkey.org/~marius/pages/?page=trickle

I don't think that package fits his use case well. Based on what I read on the
home page, it seems more suited to limiting various applications all running
on the same machine.

Well! Sir Deepak first you should define that either you want to control overall network traffic through your [Router/Gateway] or you just want to control the traffic to anf from the Internet.

If you wanna make ur Fedora machine the routing mechine to control traffic between your clients then my suggestion wasn't for u.

But if you want to make your Fedora machine the gateway to Interent for your clients and after that you want to bound your users to send/receive data in a fixed bandwidth e.g 5KB/per user and I thinks it's really what you want then for that purpose you can use Squid Server's "Delay Pool" functionality to restrict a certin part of user e.g
a)User of Department A gets 5KB each
b)USers of Department B gets 30KB each... n so on

Or u can put a single policy on a;; the users...
a) Ever user will get no more then 5KB.

So, wat do u say??

--
Mustafa Qasim