Re: Best MP3 & VCD/DVD Player?

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 09:40 +0600, Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> I was searching for some nice audio n video player to play
> mp3,VCD,DVD,mpg,wma,rm,ram and most of my windows media files and real
> player files. So, i though to ask you folks so might save time of
> downloading and installing a bulk of software.

"Best" is subjective.  It depends on what you want, versus what someone
else wants, as well as "working well".  I can recommend three things:

I find mplayer is good for a lot of things, except watching DVDs (it
doesn't support the navigational menu screens like you'll get with most
DVD players playing most DVDs).  Other than that, it'll handle all of
the above.

VLC and Xine also handle the same things, but you'll also get an
interface for using the DVD menus.

I find all of their interfaces a bit clunky, Xine probably being the
least painful for playing a DVD.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.