Re: F7 install Kernel Panic -

stan wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:15:32 -0400
Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What am I doing you ask? I'm not sure myself but I have three boxes running F7, two installed from the Live CD and all three work nicely, however the one I installed yesterday is unhappy with the updated Kernel. I will simply not boot from that kernel for the present, no doubt there will be another and when it comes along the situation
will change so I've decided to let it slide until then since it's
apparently not a recognized problem with a known fix.

I thank you for your response and comments.

Bob Goodwin

Bob,

Now that the system is fully updated why don't you do a yum remove kernel-2.1.26-1.3228.*

and when that is done do a
yum install kernel-2.1.26-1.3228.*

I think the version numbers above are right, but you can check.

I installed exactly how you described *except* the kernel
update occurred after my system was running for a while and all the
updates were there.  No issues.

Yes, I had considered trying as you suggest but wasn't certain it was a logical thing to try. There are so many inter-related things and I'm not really knowledgeable enough to know which way to go.

But I will give that a shot in a while. In the mean time I simply switched Grub to default to the "good" kernel and that works ...

Bob Goodwin