Re: F7 install Kernel Panic -

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:15:32 -0400
Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What am I doing you ask?  I'm not sure myself but I have three boxes
> running F7, two installed from the Live CD and all three work nicely,
> however the one I installed yesterday is unhappy with the updated
> Kernel.  I will simply not boot from that kernel for the present, no
> doubt there will be another and when it comes along the situation
> will change so I've decided to let it slide until then since it's
> apparently not a recognized problem with a known fix.
>
> I thank you for your response and comments.
>
> Bob Goodwin

Bob,

Now that the system is fully updated why don't you do a
yum remove kernel-2.1.26-1.3228.*

and when that is done do a

yum install kernel-2.1.26-1.3228.*

I think the version numbers above are right, but you can check.

I installed exactly how you described *except* the kernel
update occurred after my system was running for a while and all the
updates were there.  No issues.