Re: problem while sending gpg key to mit key server

On 7/15/07, David Boles <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
on 7/14/2007 12:44 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> David Boles wrote:
>> Directed at you Mikkel as you are dealing with this problem. Did the OP
>> ever say that he actually *created* a key?
>>
> I thought he had in the first message. But I do not have it any
> more. From a message on another list:
>
> Mustafa Qasim wrote:
>> 1)Introduced my self a couple of days ago.
>> 2) Created the ssh key
>> 3) Created the gpg key
>> (Take a backup of both ~/.ssh and ~/.gnupg directories)
>> 4) Created the Bugzilla account
>> 5) Tried to sent the gpg key to mit server thjrough the command given in the Check list
>>

> But I think there may be a language problem. There is a problem in
> that in my first instruction the e-mail address ended up as a
> mailto:<email address> instead of <email address> (Thunderbird
> insists on making the conversion for me - I have to turn that off.)
> and I used shell redirection instead of the --outfile option and he
> did not understand that the "> mykey.txt" at the end of the command
> created a text file with the ASCII armored key, so he put his key
> file there instead.
>
> I think I will let someone else try and explain this, as I do not
> seem to be communicating with the op too well. :(
>
> Mikkel

That is too bad. Your advice here is always good.

I sent him a very easy to use site in another post. Perhaps that will help.

I did not see a mention of an email client. Most have a feature that will
actually do this for you, in GUI, instead of CLI.
--

  David