Re: problem while sending gpg key to mit key server

David Boles wrote:

> Directed at you Mikkel as you are dealing with this problem. Did the OP
> ever say that he actually *created* a key?

I thought he had in the first message. But I do not have it any
more. From a message on another list:

Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> 1)Introduced my self a couple of days ago.
> 2) Created the ssh key
> 3) Created the gpg key
> (Take a backup of both ~/.ssh and ~/.gnupg directories)
> 4) Created the Bugzilla account
> 5) Tried to sent the gpg key to mit server thjrough the command given in the Check list

But I think there may be a language problem. There is a problem in
that in my first instruction the e-mail address ended up as a
mailto:<email address> instead of <email address> (Thunderbird
insists on making the conversion for me - I have to turn that off.)
and I used shell redirection instead of the --outfile option and he
did not understand that the "> mykey.txt" at the end of the command
created a text file with the ASCII armored key, so he put his key
file there instead.

I think I will let someone else try and explain this, as I do not
seem to be communicating with the op too well. :(

Mikkel