Re: how make fedora-list usable with gmail?

Valent Turkovic wrote:

> That is because if I (and I do use pop with gmail) dowload pop messages
> to my evolution at work when I come home and download gmail messages I'm
> missing those I downloaded at work and vice-versa!

Thats what IMAP is for ! I don't suppose gmail offers this option ?

I wouldn't be starting this thread if they did...

I had the same problem and for a while just downloaded messages when I expected to have time to read them all but eventually I switched to using fetchmail to pick them up and drop them in an IMAP mailbox I can access from both locations. It is much better that way, but you either need a 3rd machine that both can reach or your home and office machines have to be able to reach each other so you can use one as the server.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx