Re: system mail

Michael Klinosky wrote:

I ventured into /etc, and saw that aliases is a simple text file. I noticed "Person who should get root's mail" at the bottom, and put in my username. Then, ran newaliases.

I also use TB. How do I set it up to get this mail?

What I did inside Thunderbird was setup another mail server called "movemail." initially I had to tell it it was a pop or imap server since the movemail option doesn't (no longer?) exist from the setup options. Next I went to the file ~/.thunderbird/*default/prefs.js and found the section relating to the new "mailserver" I then changed the line

user_pref("mail.server.server5.type", "pop3");

user_pref("mail.server.server5.type", "movemail");

the "server5" may be a different number. Simply restart thunderbird and you should be able to access the local mailbox with no problems.

Jeff