Re: Minimal Boot Media?

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:35:54 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
>> I got the rescuecd as suggested and booted from it on my laptop that
>> has with WinXP and a free partition to be used for FC7.  It lists
>> some options, but none for installing a new system. The option is
>> "Install or Upgrade an existing system".  I do not have an existing
>> system that I want to upgrade.  How do I proceed?
>
> You want to read that as (Install) or (Upgrade an existing system)
> rather than (Install or Upgrade) an existing system.
>
> The installation guide may help (though I can't say for sure since I
> haven't read it recently):
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f7/en_US/
>
> The section "Beginning the Installation" starts at:
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f7/en_US/ch-beginninginstallation.html

[...]

For ftp or http, it says to supply it with "... the directory
where the installation files reside". Is the correct directory:

1. the directory that contains the DVD iso file ?
2. releases/7/Fedora/os/ ?
3. releases/7/Fedora/os/Fedora/ ?
4. perhaps something under the "everything" sub-tree ?
5. something else ?

My best guess is 2, but with a low confidence level.
Thanks for your help.
Mike.